1941 Chrysler New Yorker photographed 22 May 2011 at a Classic Car exhibit in St-Lambert, Quebec, Canada
Original photo processed in PaintShop Pro v9. A duplicate layer was created and converted B&W. A mask layer was added and modified to allow the coloured image of the car to show through. The B&W layer was then darkened and blurred to lessen its impact.
Camera: Canon EOS 5D; Lens: Canon EF-24-105mm f/4.0L IS USM; f11.0 @ 1/250 sec; ISO 400; Focal Length: 24mm
The Chrysler New Yorker was a premium automobile built by the Chrysler Corporation from 1939–1996, serving for several years as the brand’s flagship model. A model named the “New York Special” first appeared in the 1930s. Until its discontinuation in 1996, the New Yorker had made its mark as the longest running American car nameplate.
The New Yorker Special model was originally introduced as a distinct sub-series of the 1938 Chrysler Imperial. The model’s popularity caused the car to become its own series for 1939, based on the same platform as the Chrysler Imperial and that year’s other new introduction, the Chrysler Saratoga. The New Yorker was available in 1938 as a 4-door sedan with a 323 CID Straight-8 and a generous amount of comfort and space to the passengers. For 1939, New Yorker was expanded with 2 more Coupe versions and a 2-door sedan. The first convertibles were introduced with the all-new body-design of the 1940 models.
Completely new bodies were introduced for 1941, with the business coupe now being of the three window design. Another new model was the Town Sedan with the rear doors having the hinges at the forward edge of the doors. This year, the Vacamatic was made available, although unlike the version sold on six-cylinder models, the Saratoga/New Yorker version was a three speed transmission with overdrive. (Source: Wikipedia)