Cap d’Espoir lighthouse – Cap d’Espoir, Gaspe peninsula, Quebec, Canada
Camera: Canon EOS 5D; Lens: Canon EF-24-105mm f/4.0L IS USM; f/13.0 @ 1/60 sec; ISO 100; Focal Length: 24mm
Work on Cap d’Espoir Lighthouse, situated on the rounded point atop cliffs which fall sharply into the sea, began in 1873, and its light, a white flash every thirty seconds, was first exhibited on September 1, 1874. The original wooden tower was replaced in 1939 by the present forty-six-foot, octagonal, concrete tower topped by a red lantern. This lighthouse has three stories, each with a window, and is a sister to Cap-de-Bon-Desir, Cap-au-Saumon and Cap-Gaspé. The still-active lighthouse and decaying old foghorn building belong to the Canadian Coast Guard, but the keeper’s dwellings were sold to Raymond and Isabelle Anna Maria Lalonde, who have turned one of them into a vacation rental.
(Source: LIGHTHOUSEFriends.com )