Sold Poster Finish: Matte (Giclée)
Sold: Photographic Prints
and Framed Print and postcard
1 Top Ten
5063 Views 2014-08-02
We visited the MacAllan distillery and did some whisky tasting.
These two casks were captured on the side of Easter Elchies house.
Built in 1700
According to the carved date-stone above the door, Captain John Grant built Easter Elchies House in 1700. However, the original house on the site, up on the bank of the River Spey, may be a century older.
Grant’s grandson, also named John, inherited Easter Elchies but later sold the estate to the Earl of Findlater and Seafield. In 1811 the deeds passed to Sir Lewis Grant of Grant, and once again the old House was under the ownership of its founding family.
Alexander Reid, a man known for his advanced methods of farming, began renting the house and farm in 1820. He established the first licensed distillery on the site, named ‘Macallan’ after the ancient church nearby. By the time he died in 1847, Reid had earned a reputation for the ‘superior quality’ of his whisky.
Location: Craigellachie in the Speyside region, Scotland, UK
Canon EOS 1D Mark IV
Shutter Priority: 1/200 sec.
Metering Mode: Evaluative
Copyright: Yannik Hay
Lens: Tamron 28-300mm@70mm
Photoshop CS5 64 bits for Mac – Camera Raw 6.6