Old Quebec City, Quebec, Canada.
The Rue Sous-le-Cap, in the city’s Old Port, is one of the most singular of the city of Quebec. In the early 1800s, it was a path along the cliff of Cape Diamond, which allow pedestrians to move from Lower Town to the Palace Hill at low tide. It is from 1816 that this trail is named Rue Sous le Cap.
For years it was called the Alley Dogs (now the passage of the Dog is next to the restaurant Échaudé, near the Rue Sous-le-Cap). The Rue Sous-le-Cap is only three meters wide. It is bordered on one side by the rear of houses on rue Saint-Paul and the other by the Cape that falls almost perpendicularly.
The coast road starts and ends Dambourgès rue Saint-Jacques.
They say the Rue Sous-le-Cap has the largest concentration of private terraces of Quebec or Ontario. Formerly, it was paved with wood and a network of bridges there was arranged so as to move from houses to warehouses and depots.
In 1775, this street served as a battleground and it was here that General Benedict Arnold suffered failure. ref: http://www.grandquebec.com/400-anniversaire/act...
Copyright: Yannik Hay