The Filley Stone Barn, was built in 1874. This National Register site is the largest limestone bank barn in Nebraska. A fortuitous event initiated the building of this three-story native limestone barn. Drought conditions and the grasshopper invasion caused many farmers to leave the land and return back East. Knowing the success of the county depended on the farmers staying, Elijah Filley hired the men to stay and help build his barn. The barn stands today as a tribute to those early farmers.