This 200 metre long twin bridge, spanning the Moorabool River at Fyansford, as part of the ‘Geelong Ring Road’. When completed, the Geelong Ring Road will be a freeway-standard road extending 23 kilometres along Geelong’s western outskirts from the Princes Freeway at Corio to Princes Highway at Waurn Ponds. This section is due for completion in the next few days. The Geelong Advertiser, the local paper, is running a competition to name the, as yet,unnamed bridge.
The bridge and the section of road were officially opened on the 14 Dec. 2008 and the bridge was named The Lewis Bandt Bridge after the man who designed the original “ute” or utility car in 1932, while working for the Ford Motor Co. in Geelong
Pentax istDS Camera.