4th Australian Light Horse Regiment
This Regiment was recruited exclusively Victoria in August 1914 as divisional cavalry for the Australian Division. During the Gallipoli campaign, the Regiment was attached to the 2nd Infantry Brigade. “B” and “D” Squadrons embarked for France in May 1916. A new “B” Squadron was raised as a consequence. The Regiment was renamed 3rd Camel Regiment in September 1916 and served with the Imperial Camel Corps until it brigaded with the 11th and 12th Light Horse Regiments into the 4th Light Horse Brigade in February 1917.
A partial close up shot of the memorial sculpture created by the renowned Australian sculptor Peter Corlett in The Park of the Australian Soldier in Beer Sheba, Israel.
The 4th Light Horse Regiment carried the dark blue Brigade colour as the lower triangle part of the colour patch, while the light blue unit colour was on the top.
Stock image used for cloudy sky background.