Many of my RB tutorials are buried in Archive folders or simply hard to find, so in response to a request, here is a linked complete list, which I’ll keep updated:
- The concepts of Aperture and f stop – explained
- Understanding ISO – explained here
- Orton Effect – how to do it
- Basic Photoshop tips, eg sharpening, straightening, cropping
- Creating artwork samples for your profile or public view page – how to
- Creating a linked sample – how to
- Creating linked text – just like this
- What is mirror lock-up and when to do it – a guide
- Motion blur – how to
- Adding clouds to an image – how to
- How to shoot waterfalls – some tips
- All your questions about shooting in RAW answered here
- The most comprehensive easy-on-the mind guide to Neutral Density filters on the planet, with a sequel guide to White Balance adjustments.
- A guide to creating realistic rainbows to add to a landscape
- All your questions about converting a digital camera to infrared are answered here
- An Introduction to Tilt+Shift Photography – it’s the real deal! But wait, there’s more! There’s also a guide to how to actually take a tilt+shift photograph (and be proud of it).
- An explanation for what copyright means for you as a member of RB
- An illustrative guide to making mounts for your RB images
- Some tips on how to perform CPR on a drowned DSLR. Here’s hoping you won’t need them!
- The Reasons For Rejection every Host would love to be able to send!
- The Top 10 reasons why members leave RB groups
- How (not) to shoot seascapes like a pro – an easy-to-follow guide here (not)
Journals of photographic interest
- An expose of photographic fakery and mystery.
- A discovery of photographs a century apart.
- A discovery of hidden falls in Barrington Tops.
- A journey to the waterfall capital of Australia.