Phone? Cards? Cash? Yup. iPhone Wallets are here.

The Chalet of Countess d'Edla – Pena Park of Sintra - Portugal

Posters

Small (21.9" x 16.4")

$13.61
Get this by Dec 24

Shipping to

business days (Express)
business days (Standard)
PedroAtanasio

Estoril - Cascais, Portugal

  • Product
    Info
  • Reviews
  • Available
    Products
    9
  • Artist
    Notes
  • Artwork Comments 20

Sizing Information

Small 21.9" x 16.4"
Medium 31.2" x 23.4"
Large 44.2" x 33.2"
Note: Includes a 3/16" white border

Features

  • Printed on 185gsm semi gloss poster paper
  • Custom cut to three maximum sizes – A2, A1 & A0
  • 5mm white border to assist in framing
  • Tack them to your bedroom door, or frame

Reviews

Wall Art

Home Decor

Bags

Stationery

Artist's Description

Foto – The Chalet of Countess d’Edla – Pena Park of Sintra – Portugal
This romantic construction was built by King Fernando II, between 1864-69, for the Countess d’Edla, his second wife.
1890/1911 – The Chalet was home for summer Countess d’Edla.

In 1999 it was partially destroyed by fire, yet the strength of the walls, and master the characteristics of the fire prevented its total destruction, as well as the paintings that adorn.
Document a time and consequently a taste of the Chalet expresses curiosity and eagerness of local and traditional forms, along with the demand for art forms of past and retaining the romantic exaggeration of the amazing run through formal inspirations revivalists. Apparent influences of Capuchin monastery, the Swiss chalets or cabins of the settlers of the early North – Americans are verifiable, given the rustic character, the decoration and the motifs and dialogue with nature. Built between 1867 and had as its main guiding King Ferdinand and Countess herself.
1867 – Construction of the Countess Chalet

1869 – Marriage of King Ferdinand II with Countess d’Edla.

1885 – Death of King Ferdinand II.

1889 – Member of the King purchased property, but Countess enjoys the Pena Park and Chalet.

1903/04 – The state purchased the Chalet.

1890/1911 – The Chalet was home for summer Countess d’Edla.

1923 – Summer Residence of the President of the Republic, Manuel Teixeira Gomes.
He also served as small forest museum, laboratory support for the work carried out in the hills; annually over three days within the stages of forestry, for the lunches served at Hotel Nunes and as a summer residence for disabled children.

1930/40 – Pass abandoned.

1979 – Receives improvement work, with re-roofing, repair of some frames, jambs and lintels of cork.
2011 – is finally rebuilt the exterior and the surrounding gardens.

Português
O Chalet da Condessa d`Edla
Esta construção romântica foi mandada construir por D. Fernando II, entre 1864-69, para a Condessa d’Edla, sua segunda esposa.
1890/1911 – O Chalet foi moradia de Verão para Condessa d`Edla.

Em 1999 foi parcialmente destruído por um incêndio; contudo, a solidez das paredes-mestras e as características do incêndio evitaram a sua destruição total, bem como das pinturas que as decoram.
Documento de uma época e consequentemente de um gosto, o Chalet exprime a curiosidade e a ânsia das formas locais e tradicionais, em paralelo com a procura de formas de arte do passado e retendo do Romantismo o exagero do fantástico formal percorrido por inspirações revivalistas. Presumíveis influências do Convento dos Capuchos, dos Chalets suíços ou das primitivas cabanas dos colonos Norte – Americanos são constatável dado o carácter rústico, a decoração e os motivos representados e diálogo com a natureza. Construído entre 1867, teve como principais orientadores o Rei D. Fernando II e a própria Condessa.
1867 – Construção do Chalet da Condessa

1869 – Casamento de D. Fernando II com Condessa d´Edla.

1885 – Morte de D. Fernando II.

1889 – Estado compra bens imóveis do Rei, mas a Condessa usufrui do Parque da Pena e Chalet.

1903/04 – O Estado compra o Chalet.

1890/1911 – O Chalet foi moradia de Verão para Condessa d`Edla.

1923 – Residência de Verão para o Presidente da Republica, Manuel Teixeira Gomes.
Também serviu como: pequeno museu florestal; laboratório de apoio aos trabalhos realizados na serra; anualmente durante três dias, no âmbito dos estágios de silvicultura, para os almoços servidos pelo Hotel Nunes e como residência de Verão para crianças deficientes.

1930/40 – Passa ao abandono.

1979 – Recebe obras de beneficiação, com reconstrução dos telhados, reparação de alguns caixilhos, ombreiras e vergas de cortiça.
2011 – Está finalmente reconstruído o exterior e os jardins envolventes.

Artwork Comments

  • Laurie Search
  • PedroAtanasio
  • peaky40
  • PedroAtanasio
  • redqueenself
  • PedroAtanasio
  • terezadelpilar~ art & architecture
  • PedroAtanasio
  • Sonia Salgado
  • PedroAtanasio
  • TextureoftheSin
  • PedroAtanasio
  • Juliane Porter
  • PedroAtanasio
  • Guendalyn
  • PedroAtanasio
  • synthpaintann
  • PedroAtanasio
  • LoneAngel
desktop tablet-landscape content-width tablet-portrait workstream-4-across phone-landscape phone-portrait
desktop tablet-landscape content-width tablet-portrait workstream-4-across phone-landscape phone-portrait

10% off

for joining the Redbubble mailing list

Receive exclusive deals and awesome artist news and content right to your inbox. Free for your convenience.