Coventry Canal Basin was opened in 1769 and is situated just north of Coventry City Centre and just outside the city’s inner ring road. Many of the buildings and the site were restored between 1993 and 1995 and house restaurants and workshops.
The Coventry Canal was built by James Brindley and was used primarily to transport coal from the pits at Bedworth, Coventry and Nuneaton to the rest of the UK midlands towns and cities and beyond.
Nikon D80. Sigma 10-20mm. Four images processed in Photomatix and Photoshop CS. Exposure: 1 – 4 secs at f/22
Featured in ‘UK Narrowboats & Canals’ group
Featured in ‘Bits and Pieces’ group
Best viewed large