Shop

15% OFF EVERYTHING! USE CODE GET15

we were lucky enough to go up to the mezzanine floor at the church in Magné a town in the lovely Marais Poitevin region of the Poitou Charentes Ilove the Rose windows in churches (I love all stained glass but the Rose window always seems to be where I focus my attention!) I am hoping this angle works for this 16th century Church…..

Featured in Elegant Stained Glass Windows 13th August ’11
Placed 8 in the Images that Have an Unusual Angles Challenge Cee’s Fun Artsy Friends Group 5th August ’11
Placed 5th in the Artists Universe Unusual Perspectives Challenge 4th August ’11
Featured in Superbly Visual 30 July ’11
Challenge Avatar Artists Universe Unusual Perspectives Challenge 22 July ’11
Featured in All the Colors of the Rainbow 10th July ’09
Placed 2nd in the Stained Glass Church Windows in the Historic Churches Group Dec. 08

taken with Canon 350d 18-55mm lens
P program flash no fired
F/4
30mm
1/60 seconds
ISO 400
325 views

As Is
hand held

Tags

stained, glass, window, church, religion, pretty, religious, round, cathedral, eglise, pamelajayne

We live in the West of France in the Poitou Charentes region, I love where we live and take a lot of inspiration for photography from the countryside and wonderful regions around us.

I have not had any formal training and just feel comfortable behind the lens, enjoying the feeling of liberty and fun that is to be had with a camera.

I also have a FaceBook Page

View Full Profile

Comments

  • Peter Reid
    Peter Reidalmost 6 years ago

    an excellent rendition, Pamela but I would still like to see the second shot that you mention.

  • Thank you! I would love to upload the second one – maybe then it will be easier to choose!!

    – Pamela Jayne Smith

  • hilarydougill
    hilarydougillalmost 6 years ago

    glorious angle, and wonderful capture, beautiful imagery/ hugsxxx

  • Thank you Hilary :)

    – Pamela Jayne Smith

  • blamo
    blamoalmost 6 years ago

    Supurb perspective ,,,,,,,,,,,,,, great viewing

  • Thank you blamo :)

    – Pamela Jayne Smith

  • navybrat
    navybratalmost 6 years ago

    gorgeous!

  • Thank you Navybrat :)

    – Pamela Jayne Smith

  • TickerGirl
    TickerGirlalmost 6 years ago

    Nice work! Interesting perspective, I like it.

  • Thank you! I had the chance to be at this angle as we were on the Mezzanine floor – it just seemed to me to be a good opportunity to experiment :)

    – Pamela Jayne Smith

  • Gili Orr
    Gili Orralmost 6 years ago

    Love this shot! Good angle, colors came out good and it’s all rather sharp… wonder how you managed to achieve that inside a church, with no flash… ;-)

  • Hi and thanks Gili for your kind and positive comments…..well – this no flash malarkey is all rather new to me – I have always been a set it on Auto Mode and take, but I met a Pro from Aus back in the summer at a festival, and we got talking she went through some techy stuff with me, including the tips to try different programmes, shutter speeds and ISO which I have been doing since then! We were also lucky with the light of the sun and the church has huge vaulted ceilings with really lovely long windows, really it was a chance that I took and was pleased with the outcome which is why I thought I would chance it on RB! I have not used any programmes for post production as I don’t have anything except paintshop pro 8 and 10! I have to say this is probably 95% camera and lens! The other 5% sun and me :)

    – Pamela Jayne Smith

  • Gili Orr
    Gili Orralmost 6 years ago

    Thanks! :-)

  • Squealia
    Squealiaalmost 6 years ago

    Love the angle on this, excellent….

  • Thank you Squealia we have to take these opportunities!

    – Pamela Jayne Smith

  • Barry Norton
    Barry Nortonalmost 6 years ago

    wonderful capture and angle

  • Thank you Barry :)

    – Pamela Jayne Smith

  • daffodil
    daffodilalmost 6 years ago

    It is magnificent – great sharpness – gorgeous shapes and colors !

  • thank you Daffodil and also thank you for stopping by and making your lovely comments – it is much appreciated :)

    – Pamela Jayne Smith

desktop tablet-landscape content-width tablet-portrait workstream-4-across phone-landscape phone-portrait