Views 712 at May – 18 – 2013
Shutter Speed 1/25 sec
Focal Lenght 14mm
Lens Nikon 12 – 24
Camera Nikon D300
HDR processed in Photomatix Pro 4.0.1 from a single RAW image, then processed using CS4 – no tripod used
Galleria San Federico
This gallery, located between San Carlo square and via Roma, in the very centre of the city, get its name by the Saint to whom once the block was dedicated to. You can reach it by via Santa Teresa, via Roma and via Bertola.
The big gallery, situated on the ground floor, was built with the aim of being a good pedestrian crossing and, especially as a venue for city aggregation and meeting point; the gallery hosts a great number of luxury products shops, crafts shops and elegant restaurants that guarantee the possibility of longer stays. During the ’30s, via Roma and the block San Federico undertook renovations, the works for the construction of Galleria San Federico started in 1932 under the direction of the engineer Giovanni Canova and ended in 1933, with its opening. On 31st March 1934 the new cinema Rex was open to the public. In January 1942, it was renamed Dux and only in 1945 got its named changed in Lux, when it was discharged by ENIC, the Italian body for cinematography and it was taken over by GIAC, an Italian catholic association. The gallery also hosted the historical base of the city newspaper La Stampa, before it was moved to via Marenco.