“The Historic Como Hotel traded beside Scylla Bay for over 100 years before it was destroyed by fire in 1996”.
" It began its life as a club for German railway workers, and became a Hotel in approximately 1887 ".
from: Poetical Works of Henry Lawson, reprinted 1963, published by Angus and Roberston Ltd
" Holiday makers and regular drinkers rowed up Scylla Bay to the Hotel, now affectionately referred to as the ‘Como Hilton’ ”. Henry Lawson is reported to have been one such customer." from their website
What with Redbubble, and a new camera, there’s too much to do. Meanwhile the painting is waiting to be finished.
( T-shirt designed by: MBartworks )