Years ago I got a chance opportunity to safari in Africa. As a pragmatic, logical person, it never occurred to me to dream of such adventure. But I knew it was a once in a lifetime opportunity, so I went.
I’m still a pragmatic, logical person. But ever since then, I keep finding myself drawn to far off places. And to things that stir my thoughts to those places. So now, as often as possible, I find myself framing memories of remote places and their wild creatures through the lens of a camera.
For sure, an unexpected twist to my pragmatic and logical journey.
And one that is completely… Owed to Nature.
- Sylvia J. Zarco
World Wildlife Fund chose Twin gazes as a finalist in their July 2011 Life Grows On Photography competition. From nearly 10,000 photographs, judges chose 50 finalists in each category of Wildlife, Places and People connecting with Nature.
You can look through work in a couple different ways.
Select the link for Portfolio directly above to see thumbnails of all my work. Or to view work by genre or type of products, select from these Collections:
- Botswana Africa – Amazing wildlife and wilderness of The Kalahari, Okavango, Linyanti and Selinda areas of Botswana in Southern Africa
- Yellowstone Country – Wild land and wildlife of Montana and Wyoming come together like no where else on Earth to create the remarkable and unique the Greater Yellowstone Ecosystem
- US Desert West – Adventures through the Deserts and Canyons of the Navajo Nation, Nevada, California, Utah and Arizona
- Namibia Africa – Wild creatures and remote vistas from Namibia in south western Africa
- Tanzania Africa – Wild faces and wild places from Serengeti, Ngorongoro Crater and Lake Manyara in Tanzania, East Africa
- The Arctic – images from the frozen tundra of Cape Churchill, Manitoba, Canada. The town of Churchill is known as the polar bear capital of the world. 30 frozen and deserted miles east lies Cape Churchill, what I know as the polar bears’ playground…
- Great Bear Rainforest – Nestled along secluded inlets of western British Columbia, Canada lies the remote wilderness of the Great Bear Rainforst, one of the largest stands of unspoiled temperate rainforest left on earth and home to the mythical Spirit Bear
- Boston – a modern US city rich with history, gracefully framed by the change of seasons and irrepressible touches of Nature mixed with urban life
- Concord – a classically New England and historic town about 20 miles west of Boston, Massachusetts
- New England – wanderings through the northeastern corner of the United States
- US East Coast – Sunscapes, seascapes, Wild Horses and more… from Florida in the south thru barrier islands off the mid-Atlantic harbor
- Detours & other adventures – Whether venturing by miles or beyond the edges of a camera lens, various images taken throughout the US
- Card Designs – Though all artwork can be purchased as greeting cards and postcards, this collection brings together artwork designed specifically as cards
- Calendars – Just as the name implies, images collected into calendars. If interested in creating a custom calendar from your own selection of my images, just BubbleMail Sylvia.
Featured Member in the group You Got It, We Want It
Featured Member in the group Local Critters
Featured Member in the group Featured For A Challenge
Featured Member in the group A Wilderness Somewhere
Featured Member in the group Mudflats, Mangroves or Marshes… And Swamps
Featured Member in the group The World As We See It, Or as we missed it.
Featured Member in the group The Power of Photography
Featured Member in the group Amazing Challenge Entertainment
Featured Member in the group Caption Fun
Featured Member in the group Afrikaans
Featured Member in the groups:
Bears of the world
A Meaningful Moment
A world of EOS
Mozambique & All African Countries
Make an Impression
Featured Member in the group Nature Photography Challenge
A Star Tribute in the group Amazing Wildlife Mammals
Featured Member in the group Beautiful BC
Special Mystery Artist for the Group Afrikaans
Featured Member in the Group African Art & Photography
1st Featured Member in the Group Baby Wildlife of the World
Featured Member in the Groups:
Top Shelf Wildlife
Animals of Africa
These images are NOT public domain.
All work in this portfolio is copyright © 2011 Sylvia J. Zarco / Owed to Nature, all rights reserved.
These images may NOT be edited, copied, reproduced, printed, distributed, displayed, or used in any way, in whole or in part, without my permission. Please respect copyright. Downloading or modifying images is not permitted, and will be considered a breach of copyright. These images are protected under all international copyright laws across all media spectrums and platforms.