Equipment to make Beignets:
1. Box of Cafe Du Monde Beignet Mix
2. Temperature Controlled Frying Pan?Frying Skillet works best
3. Fry Basket (to retrieve the finished Beignets)
4. Spoon (to stir the water and mix into a dough)
5. Mixing Bowl
6. Measuring Cup
7. Rolling Pin (to roll finished dough into a flat sheet)
8. Pizza Cutter (to cut dough into squares for frying)
9. Vegetable Oil?Louanna Cottonseed Oil is recommended
10. Powdered Sugar (to use as topping for finished Beignets)
11. Flour (to keep dough from sticking to rolling pin)
The Cafe Du Monde Beignets have traditionally been served in orders of three, lavishly covered with powdered sugar.
NOTE: If the Beignets fail to puff up and remain flat, this is an indication the frying oil temperature is too low to properly cook the dough. Try using smaller pieces of dough (make a smaller Beignet) and let the fryer come back to temperature before cooking another batch. Fryer Temperature: 370 degrees farenheit!