On the hill overlooking the City of Peel, a tower stands. Built around 1806 for a Thomas Corrin, who owns the hill and much land nearby. The site was one of his favourite places and there next to the tower in a small outlined graveyard he laid to rest his wife and two children. Their graves are marked out with pillars of stone.
In 1840 the Tower and site was given to the Board of Trade by its owner. Thomas Corrin died in 1845 and wished to be buried on the hill, but this wish was not honoured by his son, who believe his father should be buried in consecrated ground. So instead Thomas was briefly lied to rest in the Kirk Patrick Church Yard, till one night when his friends moved his body unto the hill. After which the son, Robert Corrin, accepted the location once the ground had been consecrated.