Hamsa is an amulet shaped like a hand, and it is thought to protect against the “evil eye”.
“Hamsa” is an Arabic word and means “five fingers of the hand”.
Also there is a Jewish origin of this word: “Hamesh” means five in Hebrew.
Many scholars believe that the Hamsa symbol predates Christianity, Judaism
and Islam, though no one is certain about its origin.
• In Judaism, the Hamsa is called the Hand of Miriam, after Moses’ sister.
• In Islam, the Hamsa is called the Hand of Fatima.
• Levantine Christians call it the Hand of Mary, for the mother of Jesus.
Many Hamsas will have an eye displayed in the palm of the hand. The eye is thought to be a powerful talisman against the “Evil Eye.” It can be displayed in your home as a decorative element, but however it is displayed, the amulet is thought to bring good luck and happiness.
I designed a Hamsa for all of the Zodiac signs, and included into the drawing
the traditional Associations with each of them.
Symbols of Gemini
• Ruling planet: Mercury • Animals: monkeys, parrots, small
• Gender: positive, masculine birds, butterflies •Foodstuffs: nuts, vegetables • Triplicity or Element: Air
grown above the earth • Colors: most colors, particularly
• Countries ruled by Gemini: Wales, USA, Egypt, Armenia
• Cities ruled by Pisces: London, Cardiff, Melbourne, Bruges