This is a shot of the Glen Etive Road in Glencoe.
Nikon D60 = f/10, 1/400sec, ISO-100, FL-18mm
THIS IMAGE IS BEST VIEWED LARGE
The Glen Etive road meanders for some 14 miles to the head of Loch Etive, where it ends in a turning circle near a ruined pier. And that’s it. The road down Glen Etive is the original “road to nowhere”.
It’s not always been that way. In 1750 there was a track running down the south side of the loch as far as Taynuilt. And from 1847 a steamer service from Oban operated to the now derelict pier at which the modern road ends.