First bridge connecting Anglesey Island with mainland Wales. Built by Thomas Telford 1819-1826. British navy demanded 100 feet clearance above water. Iron chains replaced by steel chains in 1939. Photo was taken before the repainting of 2005. Info from Wikipedia. The bridge is a World Heritage Bridge, designated by The International Committee for the Conservation of the Industrial Heritage.
202 views as of 12 September 2012