Taken in a small ghost town in southern Namibia, a few kilometres inland from the Namibian coast. Once a small mining village, developed after the discovery of diamonds in the area in 1908, to provide shelter for workers from the harsh environment of the Namib Desert. The village was built like a German town, with facilities like a hospital, ballroom, power station, school, skittle-alley, theater and sport-hall, casino, ice factory and the first x-ray-station in Africa.
This shot was taken inside one of the family houses. Most people think that this is a composite image made in Photoshop, but it’s not – it’s exactly like this.