The rather short and squatty Owl’s Head Light stands guard from a high cliff at West Penobscot Bay at the entrance to Rockland Harbor, Maine. Just 30 feet tall, the current lighthouse was built in 1852. The nearby keeper’s house is occupied by U.S. Coast Guard personnel and is not open to the public. The lighthouse itself is located in Owl’s Head Light State Park. The light is listed on the National Register of Historic Places as #78000183.