There has been a church on this site since Saxon times dedicated to Saint Swithun. Built of local flint it dates from the 13th century. A new south doorway was built, using some 12th century stones in its arch, circa 1650. The porch was added in 1652. The nave was re-roofed in the sixteenth century and the chancel in the 17th century. The font base is 14th century with a Saxon bowl. The altar rails date from the 18th century. The church is now a listed building.