3 Exposure HDR shot with a Nikon D200 using a Nikon 50mm F1.8 lens. This series of photos was processed using Photomatix and CS4.
HMS Bounty (known to historians as HM Armed Vessel Bounty, popularly as HMAV Bounty, and to many simply as “The Bounty”), famous as the scene of the Mutiny on the Bounty on 28 April 1789, was originally a three-masted cargo ship the Bethia1, purchased by the British Admiralty, then modified and commissioned as His Majesty’s Armed Vessel the Bounty for a botanical mission to the Pacific Ocean.
Bounty began her career as the collier Bethia, built in 1784 at the Blaydes shipyard near Hull. Later she was purchased by the Royal Navy for £2,600 on 26 May 1787 (JJ Colledge/D Lyon say 23 May), refit, and renamed Bounty.2 She was a relatively small sailing ship at 215 tons, three-masted and full-rigged. After conversion for the breadfruit expedition, she mounted only four four pounders (2 kg cannon) and ten swivel guns. Thus she was very small in comparison to other three-mast colliers used for similar expeditions: Cook’s Endeavour displaced 368 tons and Resolution 462 tons.
(information by Wikipedia)