The city below is mine, but something is missing still. Animated villains keep things interesting and there are enough heroes for the populous to rally around, and even though 12 different versions of the city’s anthem are in existence, any one of them can stop everyone dead in their tracks and induce a city-wide sing-along. At about the time most people are going off to bed is the time that you and I should be off on a new adventure that almost definitely involves cinematic elements up to and including:
- everyone in sight is wearing a suit, tuxedo, or dress.
- all sources of light are perfectly balanced
- a ninja hiding in nearby shadows doesn’t seem at all ridiculous.
- any and all who choose to observe will know every perfect thing to say while I, so wrapped up in awe that any of this is really happening, find only words that keep things moving in the general direction of “forward”.
- …and of course the soundtrack has at least one song by Explosions in the Sky and another by The National (preferably CITY middle or SLOW Show)
the streets are routinely empty in the best way. the freedom to be as carefree and self-involved as an asshole kid on its birthday , while being autricious enough to appreciate the subtle ambiance of such a setting is something to be revered. with nowhere else in mind to go, i reluctantly head home and slide into bed.