‘She’s so lovely’ by Scouting for Girls
I heard ‘She’s so lovely’ and I thought of you,
And then a grand idea came out of the blue.
To find songs from girlies so clear and so true,
And record them together on a CD brand new.
Well it happened to pass, in case you should ask,
That your birthday was coming quite soon
So I sat at me desk and research I did make,
To search out me favourite tunes.
Nothing too jazzy or owt that was snazzy,
Just something I thought you would like.
I was looking for singers – the feminine type
Some pretty, some plain – but all the same psych.
Scouting for girls became a great mission,
To find out those, you might have been missing.
A little soul and pop, maybe even some hip hop.
Start with Aretha or Amy on top, go through to Duffy – no never stop,
And please be my guest if you fancy a bop.
Some are old and some are new
All selected especially for you
It’s possible there are perhaps just a few
To make you dance and turn your legs to jelly
But this CD won’t be advertised on the telly
All in all I had fun making a selection
So let’s just hope it don’t end in dejection
So Lucy dear, I give it you to play,
And you should know that I do pray
There’s none there for rejection!
And do let me know if the poem’s alright
But please spare my blushes if it’s really just shite
Cos it’s quite unique – oh don’t you think?
That your dads written this without the aid of a drink!
I thank you.
A poem for my daughter on her birthday yesterday – St Valentines Day. My birthday is the same day and Lucy is the best birthday present I ever had!
It went with a CD I recorded for her featuring;
1. She’s so lovely – Scouting for girls
2. It be that way sometime – Corrine Bailey Rae
3. Chuckys in love – Rikki Lee Jones
4. Rain on your parade – Duffy
5. Searching – Speech Debelle
6. No Expectations – Ana Moura
7. My delirium – Ladyhawke
8. The girl from Tiger Bay – Shirley Bassey
9. Tears dry on their own – Amy Winehouse
10. Tell your mama – Norah Jones
11. Johnnys got a boom boom – Imelda May
12. Hidden Place – Bjork
13. Ready to go – Republica
14. Chain of fools – Aretha Franklin
15. Shut up and let me go – Tings Tings
16. Rueben – Cathy Davey
17. Constant craving – KD Lang