Lamoureux Park, Cornwall, Ontario, Canada
September 5th, 2009
The Wood House was built circa 1840, with stone intended either for the Cornwall Canal or a planned defensive blockhouse, for Loyalist William Wood and his family who occupied it until 1956. In 1956, the Stormont, Dundas and Glengarry Historical Society, with the support of the community, opened the United Counties first museum to preserve the heritage about to be lost with the flooding of the Saint Lawrence Valley as a result of the Saint Lawrence Seaway and Hydroelectric Dam project. Threatened with demolition, The City and the Federal Millennium Bureau named the relocation and refurbishing of the historic building as a Municipal Millennium Project. The entire building was moved from its location on the Domtar Paper Mill property to Lamoureux Park in 2000. The building now houses Cornwall’s Community Museum.
Sony Alpha 700, Sigma 28 to 300 at 28mm, circular polariser
iso 100, spot metered, f9.5, 1/90 second.