Well, it appears that this image has caused some consternation amongst my American friends. This begs some response from myself I think. Normally I wouldnt respond to criticism in a negative way as EVERYbody is entitled to their opinion (allegedly). A dot point form of response would be more appropriate I think, solely as a way of leaving emotion out.
1. I thought America defended democracy and free thought. Their constitution is based upon the notion of liberty isnt it?
2. Art is an expression of emotion by an individual or group. To ’ kill the messenger ’ is an emotive , ignorant response that just causes more angst in the world.
3. Truth can be a powerful thing.
4. Most countries only get the leaders they deserve. Political apathy lets a lot of nasty things happen. Less than 10% of the eligible American voting public actually votes.
5. Good art should evoke an emotional response.
6. I will not apologize for my art in advance again.