Nikkor 55mm lens
Photomatix and CS5
Abandoned asylum CT
This asylum opened its doors in 1904 in Connecticut. The property overlooks a river. All the structures were connected by underground tunnels. The hospital was almost like its own self functioning town. Having its own power plant, pump house, working farm, kitchen, theater and church.
In the 1950’s over 3,000 patients and 1,000 employees were residing on the grounds of asylum .
The doors closed permanently in 1996 and some of the patients were just released into the public.
Demolition has already been started