Side view of the Forum (previously called the State Theatre)
Melbourne’s original State Theatre was built in 1929 to seat 3,371 patrons and is situated on Flinders Street. It was conceived as an “atmospheric auditorium”, a novelty in Melbourne at the time. The State Theatre was renamed the Forum in 1963 to avoid confusion with the State theatre at the Arts Centre in St Kilda Road.
The theatre is listed on the Victorian Heritage Register.
Top Ten in the “Windows with a Medieval Feel” challenge in the Windows and Doors group.