Ringos Mill Bridge carries KY 158 across Fox Creek near Ringos Mills in southeastern Fleming County. It was built around 1869 and is an 81-foot double post and brace design. It is one of thirteen covered bridges still standing in Kentucky.
In the late 1700, Kentuckians began to build covered bridges across their rivers and creeks. Some were the work of nationally-known bridge architect Lewis Wernwag. The bridges were covered to keep their main timbers dry and protected from the elements.
The longest wooden covered bridge in the world was once in Kentucky. The Butler Station Bridge was located in Pendleton County, 7.5 miles north of Falmouth in Butler over the Licking River. 456 feet in length, the bridge consisted of three spans 152 feet each. Built in 1871 for $18,450, it was severely damaged by winds and flood waters in 1937 and torn down.