Tintern Abbey & Forest Walk. Wexford, Ireland .A Cistercian abbey, founded c. 1200 by William, the Earl Marshall, and named after Tintern in Wales. The remains consist of nave, chancel, tower, chapel and cloister. It was partly converted into living quarters after 1541, and further adapted over the centuries. The Abbey was occupied by the Colclough family from the 16th century until 1960s.
Location: 16km south of New Ross off the R734 road or 29km from Wexford off the Wexford to Ballyhack road R733
Nikkor 18-105mm f/3.5-5.6 G ED VR