1817 – Harbour Lighthouse, Howth, Co. Dublin, Ireland. Architect: George Halpin . Howth Harbour Lighthouse is a fine lighthouse on the end of the southern arm of the harbour. The lighthouse also had a defensive purpose, a circular wall alongside defends a gun position. Two-bay two-storey ashlar granite lighthouse keeper’s house attached to south-east. Converted to unattended electric lighting in 1955.