156 viewings on 30 July, 2013
The original Eastern Orthodox church and monastery were built in 1724 in the Brancovenese style. Only the church remains of the original monastery. A new section was added at the beginning of the 20th century. It is now a monastery for nuns.
Stavropoleos is a Romanian version of a Greek work meaning “The City of the Cross”