472 viewings on 12 August, 2014.The Cathedral of St Sava is the largest Orthodox place of worship in the Balkans and one of the largest Orthodox churches in the world. It is built on the place where it is thought that Sinan-Pasha burned the relics of St Sava, the founder of the Serbian Orthodox church, in 1595.
It has been built in the Serbian-Byzantine style, can accommodate 10,000 believers at any one time and the western choir gallery can hold 800 choristers.. Clad in white marble and granite and the murals, which are yet to be undertaken, will be mosaics
Featured in “Religious Architecture” group