The original Catholic church was demolished in 1893 and the new church was built on the site. A consecrated cross was raised to the 72m high steeple in 1894. The church is decorated in Neo Gothic style and is sometimes referred to by the people as the “Cathedral”. Although the interior of the church is quite plain the stained glass windows are spectacular.
Featured in “Christian Churches, Statues and Crosses” group
Top 10 in challenge in “Roadways, Highways, Stairways and Byways” group