681 viewings on 16 November, 2013.
This is part of the mural in the dome of the Weiskirke.
The Pilgrimage Church of Weis is an oval rococo church designed in the late 1740’s designed by Dominikus Zimmerman. It is located in the foothills of the Alps in the Weilheim-Schongau district, Barvaria, Germany.
In 1730 tears were seen on a delapidated wooden figure of the Scourged Saviour. The miracle resulted in a pilgrimage rush to see the sculpture. In 1740 a small chapel was built to house the statue but it was soon realised that it would be too small for the number of pilgrims it attracted, and so Steingaden Abbey decided to commission a separate shrine.
Construction took place between 1745 and 1754, and the interior was decorated with frescoes and stuccowork in the tradition of the Wessobrunner school.