W&N watercolour on Aqua acid-free 300gsm –
a landscape in NorthWest Province, South Africa
There are many reasons why someone would want to get over a barbed wire fence, but the only reason you need, after reading this, is BECAUSE YOU CAN!
You will save yourself a lot of trouble if you can avoid the barbed wire completely. Your ability to do this depends mostly on the type of situation you are in. If you are being chased by cops, guard dogs, or her shotgun-wielding father, and time is of the essence, you will probably not be able to avoid the barbed wire fence.
Other popular reasons include:
- Urban Exploration – the ability to get around or over a barbed wire fence is invaluable in this noble pastime.
- Breaking out of prison – Minor drug offenders fill our prisons, we don’t even flinch, all our taxes paying for our wars against the new non-rich
- Breaking into prison – Throw the guards a curve ball. The look on the their faces is priceless, and definitely worth the subsequent beatings / tazerings!
Taken from Instructables.com
And a few of my own…
- Getting fresh vegetables – most farmlands are fenced with barbed wire so you will definitely need to go over or through it. Wearing safety gloves, hold down one strand and plant your hands at a safe point so you can lift your leg over the wire to climb through to the other side.
- Getting into a pasture of cows for fresh milk – for this exercise I would suggest carrying a small ladder with you for a hasty escape from the charging bull
31st March 2013 – FEATURED in “Everyday Women”
2nd April 2013 – FEATURED in “Artists Universe”
5th March 2014 – FEATURED in “Perfect Harmonies”