Taken inside a house in the ghost town of Kolmanskop in the Namib desert, southern Namibia.
It used to be a small diamond mining village until abandoned in 1956.
Many of the buildings here have been taken over by the desert sands.
- WINNER in the Abandoned Challenge in the “Absolute Clarity Group” May 2013
- WINNER in Abandoned Buildings Challenge in the ‘Everything Ends’ group March 2010
-Top Ten Challenge Winner in the Weekly Themes Challenge Group. March 2012
-Top Ten Challenge Winner in the in the ‘A Rare Find Challenge’ in the Power of Photography Group. February 2012
-Top Ten Challenge Winner in the ‘Many Moons Ago Challenge’ in the Afrikaans is my Mother Tongue Group. November 2011
- Top Ten Challenge Winner in the ‘Abandoned Places’ challenge in the Weekly Themes Challenge Group. March 2012.
- Top Ten Challenge Winner in the ‘Funny sights around the world’ challenge in the ‘Around The World’ group.
- Top Ten Challenge Winner in the ‘Favourite Places You Take, Make or Paint’ group. May 2010.
- Top Ten Challenge Winner in the ‘FAUNA, FLORA, LANDSCAPES AND ARCHITECTURE OF SOUTH AFRICA’ group. August 2010.
- Featured Men Photographers January 2012.
- Most Favorites August 2010.
- #1 Artists of RedBubble May 2010.
- ThE fInE aRt Of pEEliNg PaINt March 2010
- Nature’s Reclamation Nov. 2009
- Delapidated Buildings Nov. 2009
- Unwanted, Abandoned & Saved Through Preservation Dec. 2009
- Outside The Box Jan. 2010