This definitely is the final in my L’Oiseau series. LOL I know I’ve said this before, but this definitely is it.
It refers to the following lines:
‘Between the conception
And the creation
Between the emotion
And the response
Falls the Shadow.’
of T.S. Eliot’s poem ‘The Hollow Men’ and was inspired by it.
There are four more images in the series (so far):
The first in the series is Panier-Avec-L’Oiseau.
The second in the series is Tête-à-Tête.
The third in the series is Métamorphose
The fourth in the series is Fin
A brief explanation might be in order:
- the nest is inspired by an egret’s nest.
- the flowers are brambles/blackberries,
- at the back you can faintly see a spiral and pearl pattern I created for my Goth Scrap(k)it.
- the sky/clouds is a photograph which I’ve used as a texture
- the leaves framing all the pictures are photographs that I’ve edited and arranged to frame the image.
The series is about recognising yourself for who you are and growing because of it, change and rebirth as the new person.
Eeek! The uploader does terrible things to my beautiful image! Check it out on my blog for a better representation.
Here’s the better version
142 views to date