This is the final in my L’Oiseau series – although I am not quite sure about this yet. It feels as if there’s on more lying in wait…. So you’ll have to watch this space.
It refers to the following lines:
‘The eyes are not here
There are no eyes here
In this valley of dying stars
In this hollow valley
This broken jaw of our lost kingdoms.’
of T.S. Eliot’s poem ‘The Hollow Men’ and was inspired by it.
There are three more images in the series (so far):
The first in the series is Panier-Avec-L’Oiseau.
The second in the series is Tête-à-Tête.
The third in the series is Métamorphose
A brief explanation might be in order:
- the cage is actually half seed pod (not a peanut!!!)
- the flowers are poppies, which are used in rememberance of the fallen soldiers here in the UK
- at the back you can faintly see a feather pattern I created specifically for this image
- the sky/clouds is a photograph which I’ve used as a texture
- the leaves framing all the pictures are photographs that I’ve edited and arranged to frame the image.
101 views to date.