Mixed media ( acrylic and collage) on canvas
The backgroun is made with a collage of flowers and leaves cut from magazines and newspapers and then painted with acrylic glazes
Featured by Solo Exhibition, for the 4th Annual Host Hullabaloo
Works of the Day — Friday, March 22, 2013.
Host Hullabaloo Features Gallery
- Featured in Shameless Self-Promotion Group, Collage With Tradicional Mediums Group, Strangeland Group, The Feminine Intent Group and Hat Heads Group, Painters Academic Group, Imprissionis Cafe Group, Inspired Art Group, Art Universe Group, Feminine Intent Group, The Group Gallery of Art & Photography and Women Painters Group
- ★ART UNIVERSE★ Group (“The Daily Dazzler” 03-12-12)
Featured in Redbubble frontpage – 25-05-2012
This is the latest of my Fridas, will be the last? Who knows …
- I’ve painted this Frida accompanied by small butterflies in the background and with a white butterfly in the center of the necklace. Frida learned to transform their pain into art, she was able to transform itself …
- Butterfly is a symbolic animal in many cultures. On the one hand suggests the capacity for metamorphosis and beauty, and secondly also the ephemeral nature of joy and life.
- Some scientific studies have shown that the butterfly is the only living being capable of changing entirely its genetic structure during the transformation process: the DNA of the caterpillar, which enters the cocoon is different of the Butterfly which arises. It is therefore the symbol of total transformation.