The Rector’s Palace in situated in the Old Town of Dubrovnik, between the Church of St. Blaise and the Cathedral, in Croatia. It is now a Cultural History Museum. The Palace is designed in a Gothic and Renaissance style with Baroque features. This Palace has reigned since the 14th century although the building stood at the same site since the 13th Century.
Following a fire in 1435 the palace was rebuilt by Onofrio di Giordano della Cava (from Naples) who was comissioned to build the city’s water supply system at the time. The palace was damaged by a gunpowder 28 years later since the fire and the palace was reshaped and renewed in Renaissance style.
The palace faced further setbacks in 1520 and 1667 and caused extensive damage to the palace. Again the palace was redesigned but in Baroque style and a new flight of stairs was added into the palace’s atrium replacing the damaged ones before. Many other features including a clock, a bell, monuments and rocco elements were added.
Following another earthquake in the 18th Century, the eastern front of the palace facing the harbour underwent some extension restoration. This explains why the Palace has a variety of architectural styles to the building. Today, Rector’s Palace still survives and belongs to the museum of Dubrovnik. Whilst touring the palace, you can see the styled rooms with its interior furnishing which goes back centuries .