This is the fourth courthouse to stand on this location, it was built in 1906. The central dome stands 175ft (63m) above the ground, is of Italian Renaissance style, one of only two in the world designed by the courthouse’s original architect, William Kauffman. The massive central dome is flanked on either side by two smaller ones above the main entrance, originally covered with ornamental gold and ivory terra cotta.
Added to National Register of Historic Places, March 30, 1978 # 78002485
Main street in Greensburg, Pennsylvania
Nikon D80 ~ 18-125mm ~ ISO200