Burrator Reservoir is on the south side of Dartmoor (Devon, UK). It is one of a number of reservoirs and dams that were built over the course of the 19th and 20th centuries within the Dartmoor National Park, to supply drinking water to the rapidly growing towns in the surrounding lowlands including the city of Plymouth.
Burrator Reservoir was completed and opened in 1898, and the reservoir was expanded in 1929. It has two dams. The edges of the reservoir are planted with commercial forests and is a popular spot for leisure activities including walking, cycling and fishing.