TOP TEN in the Beautiful Fence Challenge in the Amazing Challenge Entertainment Group, 16th March, 2014
This lovely rustic fence is just on the edge of the grounds of the ruined Bishop’s Palace in Bishop’s Waltham, Hampshire, England.
The Bishop’s Palace is now a scheduled ancient monument. It was built by Henry de Blois in 1135 and later used by the Bishops of Winchester, together with Farnham Castle and Wolvesey Castle. The palace was visited by Henry V of England, and used by Mary Tudor just prior to her marriage to Philip II at Winchester Cathedral. It was destroyed in 1644 after the English Civil War. (Historical notes – Wikipedia)
Camera used: Nikon Coolpix E3200