The lighthhouse on the Butt of Lewis (Scotland UK) was designed by David Stevenson in the 1860’s as an aid to shipping. It is unusual for Scotland in that it is made of unpainted red brick. It stands 37 metres high and is 52 metres above sea level.
The Butt of Lewis is the most northerly point of the Isle of Lewis in the Outer Hebrides in the North Atlantic where there is heavy seas constantly battering the island.
Camera used: Nikon Coolpix 3200
Down By The Sea Group, June 2013
The Shelters Group, 7th July 2013