FEATURED in: Nature And Man Group, 17th December 2015
Bishop’s Waltham Palace in Hampshire UK is the ruin of a moated Bishop’s Palace which is now a scheduled ancient monument. It was built by Henry de Blois in 1135 and later used by the Bishops of Winchester as they travelled, along with Farnham Castle and Wolvesey Castle. The palace was visited by Henry V of England, and used by Mary Tudor just prior to her marriage to Philip II at Winchester Cathedral. The palace was destroyed in 1644 after the English Civil War.