St. Nicholas’ Church in the village of Wickham in Hampshire (UK) is
an example of a church built on a large mound almost circular in construction. It is believed that this particular mound had probably been sacred ground for centuries. In all probability St. Wilfrid dedicated a church here before 670AD. This present church was built by the Normans in 1120 with structural changes from the 13th century onwards until around the mid 19th century.