Reeshofpark, Tilburg. A photography turned into a digital painting.
Having my daughter just picked up from her school on one Friday in November 2007, we ran through the local park to be in time for her ballet class. We were nearly too late, because in the park I couldn’t leave this lovely autumn scene behind me without taking a camera out of the bag!
I love it in big format, so this is a procedure how to make a nice print out of a photograph taken by a simple 2MB digital compact:
- photograph a lovely scene (important!)
- upload the file into your computer
- use software wisely to improve it.
What I did with this one:
- first, in Picasa: Feelin’ lucky, color temperature, sharpen, glow, gradtint
- second, in GIMP: scale, oilify, add frame if desired
I hope you will like the result as much as I do. Comments and critiques very welcome :)