The high altar was designed in 1782 by Jean-Baptiste d’Avrange. It is decorated with the monumental alabaster Rococo sculpture “Fall of the Angels” (1782) by the Italian sculptor Lorenzo Mattielli. It represents a cloudburst of angels and cherubs, falling from the ceiling towards the high altar. It was the last major Baroque work completed in Vienna.
St. Michael’s Church – Michaelerkirche